Vajrasana is the only asana which is prescribed to perform even after lunch/dinner for better digestion.
Vajra means “diamond”. The regular practice of vajrasana leads you to a strong and firm body as diamond.
- Improves digestion and removes flatulence.
- Strengthens the nerves and muscles of the legs and thighs.
- Heals sciatica.
- The health of knee is depend on the secretion of synovial fluid. vajrasana boosts blood circulation in the knees and maintain its secretion even in old age.
- Myalgia in knees, legs, knees, toes and thighs disappears.
- Regular practice of vajrasana makes spine strong and firm.
How to perform vajrasana
- Sit on the mat resting the hips on the heels and the thighs on the calf muscles.
- Roll back your shoulders and relax it . Keep your hand on your knees and keep the head straight. You can close your eyes if you want.
- The part from the toe to the knee should touch the ground.
- The whole burden of the body is put on the knees and ankles.
- Beginners will feel slight pain in the ankle and knees joint. No need to worry as it is passing pain. If the pain is not bearable you can leave the asana don’t try to force yourself with practice it will be easy.
- Keep your knees close.
- Keep your trunk, spine and neck straight in one line.
- You can sit in vajrasana for as long as you want, especially after dinner for better digestion of food.
Contraindications of vajrasana
- Those who have knee problems or injured knee or ankle are strictly avoid this asana .
- Lists of asanas with their deep meaning – click here
- How to perform Jal Neti ? – click here
- Meaning behind chanting 108 times ? – click here
- 3 reasons why women should practice prenatal yoga ? – click here
- Which mantra is highest of all mantras ? – click here
- How prenatal/ postnatal yoga helps ? – click here